Wednesday, June 16, 2010

All Hail Chunk and Sloth in: The Goonies


Release Date: June 7th, 1985
Runtime: 114 min
Rating: PG
Appropriate for Ages: 8 and up

Where do I even start with The Goonies? The Goonies is one of my favorite childhood films. I first watched this movie when I was probably about 8 or 9 years old. I remember being filled with such fascination and wonder as I watched this fun filled pirate adventure unfold. Even today as an adult I can still sit down and watch The Goonies with just as much excitement as when I first encountered it. It's funny though, the cast of The Goonies seem to get younger and younger every time I watch it.

In this film Mikey Walsh and his friends live in a small Oregon town and their homes are in danger if being demolished to make way for a golf course. While Mikey and and friends are trying to come up with a way to save their homes they stumble across an old pirate map that supposedly leads to "One Eyed Willy's" treasure. With the map in hand the boys set out on an epic adventure that leads them trough all sorts of trials and tribulations including booby-traps and a family of criminals who are racing up on their tails along the route to find the treasure.

If you're looking for a fun family film that will keep everybody entertained I'd definitely recommend The Goonies. It's rated PG by the MPAA so unfortunately this is probably not optimal for the wee little ones.



If you've already seen The Goonies and liked it I also recommend: HookPirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl


No comments:

Post a Comment